In a world that focuses on innovation and knowledge, creativity is king. Through practicing art, creative thinking can teach you how to perceive the world in new ways, to find hidden patterns and make connections between seemingly unrelated phenomena, to ask important questions, to problem solve, and to empower people and improve teamwork and productivity. Keep reading to find out more about how artists lead!
Creativity it is good for you too!
When we are fully engaged as the creative, passionate, aware people we were all born to be, power is no longer an issue, competition becomes meaningless, and petty insecurities disappear.
Artists are living in line with their deepest vision of what makes life worth living. Check out all the amazing things creative people do.
- learn from mistakes.
- connect improbable connections.
- are willing to learn from others around them.
- are driven to make a difference.
- possess a confidence that inspires others.
- are not afraid to make mistakes.
- lead by example.
- are courageous and empathetic.
- are not intimidated or threatened by other’s successes. In fact, they rejoice in them.
- are disciplined. They keep working and stay committed to their vision.
- are flexible because they know that there is not a single right way to do anything and understand that doing the same thing over and over again generates the same results.
- know who they are and aren’t trying to prove anything. They don’t need to because they are fulfilled by the challenge of doing, and are their own best critics.
- emphasize fun and humour.
- they look for those who understand what it means to be a leader and do what they can to nurture those same attributes in those that are on a similar path.
So find your art.
Figuring the right type for you comes with pushing yourself and trying different styles, until you find something you love.